Six Reasons to Visit Latigo This Winter
• You will experience the warm hospitality and fun winter activities at Latigo Ranch that keep our guests coming back year after year, and for some, several times each winter. The outdoor activities are as invigorating as the inside comforts are cozy. Experienced Colorado skiers know Latigo has some of Colorado's best snow conditions - for us, about 18 feet of it falls every year!
• You will discover the reasons why Latigo Ranch guests, who have skied all over the state, proclaim that Latigo Ranch offers some of the finest cross-country skiing available in Colorado. We machine groom 60 km of trail, covering varied terrain from flat beginning track to challenging advanced. All of our cross country ski track is groomed for both classic and skate skiing. For backcountry or telemark aficionados, we are surrounded by over 200 square miles of deep powder in the National Forest. Check out the map of our XC Trails!
• You will be left breathless by the spectacular scenery. Enjoy the dazzling beauty of a clear mountain morning and azure blue Colorado sky. From the front porch of our historic log lodge, you have a panoramic view of 100 miles of the Continental Divide. Make the short climb up one of our ski trails to Jumper Flats, and you will see the rugged peaks stretching from Eagle’s Nest Wilderness Area to the Indian Peaks Wilderness Area and on to Rabbit Ears Pass.
• You will enjoy the quiet and seclusion of a place that is on a peninsula of private land nestled into the National Forest. Some Nordic centers are right off of the highway or in town where traffic noise is a distraction. We think it is worth the extra miles to enjoy a place where our nearest neighbor is over 3 miles away.
• You will savor the quality and variety of food about which our guests rave. Nouveau Ranch Cuisine: healthy, hearty, tasty, fresh, and wholesome.
• You will meet new folks who, like you, enjoy the adventure of life. Swap lots of good talk, stories and laughter.
Yes, we rent classic skis, boots and poles as well as snowshoes, or a pulk to pull that youngster behind you as you ski. Please contact us in advance to arrange for equipment rentals.
Yes, you can come for day skiing without staying overnight. Contact us if you are interested in making a reservation for lunch or dinner on the day you come skiing.
Please call first to verify trail conditions since we won't be grooming if there is no one staying overnight..
We usually host one race each winter, the Big Shooter Bonk. This year it is scheduled for Sunday, February 24, 2013. The typical format is 1, 2, or 3 laps of a 15Km course depending on how much you want to tackle. There is a special short course for youngsters too.